Also, it has been brought to our attention that the down town area will be having a Tour de Crim Bike ride on Saturday from 10 - 2 p.m. This is make parking a little more complicated for our Matinee Performance, so please make sure to give yourself plenty of time to find parking and also let your guests who are coming to the show know this information as well! The show will start at 1 p.m. sharp and all dancers and volunteers must be at the Theatre by 12 noon.
Below is the information sent to us by the U of M Flint Department of Public Safety:
Due to the Tour de Crim Bike Ride being held in downtown and on the campus, travel to University parking lots will be very difficult, Saturday, May 11th, 2013 from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm.
Complete street closures:
· Saginaw St from 3rd St and 5th Avenue
· ML King south of 5th Avenue to Saginaw
· Garland Avenue south of 5th Avenue to 2nd St
· All east and west streets downtown between Harrison and Grand Traverse
Beginning at 1100 am there will short term (20 – 40 minute) complete street closures at:
· RT Longway/5th Avenue from Chavez to ML King
· Chavez from RT Longway to Kearsley
UM-Flint parking lots accessible during this time are;
· Lot T and Harrison St Ramp
· Lots P, Q, R, S at the William S White Building, using the 5th Avenue entrances. (except from 11:00 am – 11:40 pm)
· International Institute Lot using 2nd St from SB Chavez via Kearsley
These are the only UM-Flint parking areas open during this time period and exit from Harrison ramp, & Lot T will be prohibited/ limited for safety of race participants.